1. Justin Bieber, TIME’s Person of the Year 2014?
According to a well-informed source, Justin Bieber is leading the race to become Time magazine’s Person of the Year in 2014. But while the singer’s fans are thrilled with the news, many people hold a very different opinion.
2. Experts baffled by SQUARE eggs
A Freedom Food Farm has become the first in the world to rear chickens that can lay square eggs. While the shape makes it convenient for eating, it also means making egg sarnies has become even simpler.
3. Scotland to switch to driving on the right if independence given green light
Current road signage system would also be scrapped under scheme nationalists say helps show country is ‘part of Europe’
4. Exclusive: UN draws up peacekeeping plans in event of Scottish Yes vote
UN’s traditional ‘blue helmet’ colour scheme is in doubt as it could be misinterpreted as a show of support for an independent Scotland.
5. Appetite for selfie-destruction: British government plans to ban selfies
6. Kim Jong-un BANS One Direction from entering North Korea – unless they get their hair cut
7. How the dodo met its end in Bristol – fried and served with chips
EXPERTS believe that the last surviving dodos, the flightless birds whose very name has become a by-word for extinction, were eaten in Bristol in the early 18th century – more than 50 years after the last previously recorded sighting of the birds.