The internet is a wonderful and weird place. It’s a vast sea of information and entertainment, but sometimes people use it for things that are, well, not so serious. Here are 15 hilarious things people have Googled that will give you a laugh.
1. ‘Can a chicken lay an egg with two yolks?’
This is a common question. The answer is yes, chickens can lay double-yolked eggs, but it’s not very common.
2. ‘What would happen if a vampire bit a zombie?’
This question probably won’t ever be answered, but it’s still fun to think about.
3. ‘Can I train my goldfish to do tricks?’
Yes, you can train your goldfish to do tricks, but it takes a lot of time and patience.
4. ‘Do butterflies remember being caterpillars?’
There’s no evidence that butterflies remember their caterpillar days, but who knows?
5. ‘Can dogs get colds?’
Yes, dogs can get colds, but different viruses usually cause them than the ones that cause human colds.
6. ‘Why do people talk to plants?’
Believe it or not, talking to plants can actually help them grow better. It’s all about the carbon dioxide you exhale.
7. ‘What would happen if a bird flew into a plane engine?’
This is a serious question that has happened before. The answer is not good for the bird or the plane.
8. ‘Why do we say ‘ow’ when we hurt ourselves?’
This question doesn’t have a definitive answer, but it’s believed to be an instinctual response to pain.
9. ‘Can you die from eating too much cheese?’
While it’s possible to die from eating too much of anything, it’s highly unlikely that you’ll eat enough cheese to cause harm.
10. ‘What would happen if the moon disappeared?’
The tides would be affected, and life on Earth would be a little different, but the planet would still survive.
11. ‘Why do people snore?’
Snoring is caused by a narrowing of the airway, and it can be a sign of a more serious condition like sleep apnea.
12. ‘Can a person sneeze with their eyes open?’
No, it’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. Your brain automatically closes your eyes as a protective measure.
13. ‘Do ants sleep?’
Yes, ants do sleep, but it’s not in the same way that humans do. They take tiny naps throughout the day.
14. ‘Can a person run out of tears?’
No, it’s impossible to run out of tears. Your body will always produce more when you need them.
15. ‘Why do people have nightmares?’
Nightmares are often caused by stress, anxiety, or trauma, but sometimes they just happen for no apparent reason.
16. ‘Can dogs see ghosts?’
Perhaps one of the most intriguing questions on this list, it seems that people are genuinely curious about whether or not their furry friends can detect the supernatural.
17. ‘What would happen if you microwaved a microwave?’
Yes, this is an actual question that people have asked. It’s safe to say that microwaving a microwave is not advisable.
18. ‘Can you actually die of boredom?’
While it’s true that boredom can be a real problem for some people, it’s unlikely to be fatal.
19. ‘Can you survive a nuclear bomb by hiding in a fridge?’
This question may have been inspired by the Indiana Jones movies, but the answer is a resounding no.
20. ‘What happens if you swallow gum?’
Despite what your parents may have told you, swallowing gum is not actually harmful. It simply passes through your digestive system and comes out the other end.
21. ‘Can you charge your phone by putting it in the microwave?’
Again, this is not advisable. Putting your phone in the microwave is likely to cause serious damage.
22. ‘What would happen if you drank bleach?’
This is a question that should never be asked. Drinking bleach is hazardous and can be fatal.
23. ‘Can you make a car out of chocolate?’
While it’s true that chocolate can be molded into many shapes, it’s unlikely that it would make a very good car.
24. ‘Can you make a boat out of duct tape?’
Believe it or not, it is possible to make a boat out of duct tape. However, we wouldn’t recommend taking it out on the open sea.
25. ‘Can you survive a fall from a plane by landing in water?’
While landing in water may be preferable to landing on solid ground, the chances of surviving a fall from a plane are still very slim.
26. ‘Can you actually catch a cold from being cold?’
Contrary to popular belief, being cold does not actually cause you to catch a cold. The cold virus is spread through contact with infected people.
27. ‘Can you make a house out of cheese?’
While it may be possible to make a small structure out of cheese, it’s unlikely that it would be a very practical or sturdy dwelling.
28. ‘Can you get a tan from a computer screen?’
Despite what some people may believe, it’s not possible to get a tan from a computer screen.
29. ‘Can you die from lack of sleep?’
While it’s true that sleep deprivation can be extremely harmful, it’s very rare for it to be fatal.